- Up Against a Wall: Rape Reform and the Failure of Success
- The rapist next door - traleassuc.ml
- Reward Yourself
- The 1798 Irish Rebellion
Up Against a Wall: Rape Reform and the Failure of Success
In Up Against a Wall , Rose Corrigan draws Rape law reform has long been hailed as one of the most successful projects of second-wave feminism. In Up Against a Wall , Rose Corrigan draws on interviews with over local rape care advocates in communities across the United States to explore how and why mainstream systems continue to resist feminist reforms.
In a series of richly detailed case studies, the book weaves together scholarship on law and social movements, feminist theory, policy formation and implementation, and criminal justice to show how the innovative legal strategies employed by anti-rape advocates actually undermined some of their central claims.
But even as its more radical elements were thwarted, pieces of the rape law reform project were seized upon by conservative policy-makers and used to justify new initiatives that often prioritize the interests and rights of criminal justice actors or medical providers over the needs of victims. Get A Copy. Hardcover , pages.
More Details Other Editions 4. Friend Reviews.
The rapist next door - traleassuc.ml
To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up. To ask other readers questions about Up Against a Wall , please sign up.
Lists with This Book. This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Community Reviews. Showing Rating details.
More filters. Sort order. Oct 19, Olive rated it it was amazing. Sep 13, Sarah rated it it was amazing.
- O Livro da Maternagem (Portuguese Edition).
- Complete Plays of Aristophanes!
- Rose Corrigan, Up Against a Wall: Rape Reform and the Failure of Success - Maria Bevacqua, .
- Real Life?
- Up Against a Wall: Rape Reform and the Failure of Success.
- Change Password.
- Shop now and earn 2 points per $1.
Amazing review of rape law reform from an advocacy perspective. Dec 23, Jane rated it really liked it Shelves: include-in-syllabus.
Natalie Ziemba rated it really liked it Apr 27, Can rated it really liked it Jan 16, Sakshi Agarwal rated it really liked it Mar 08, Brittany Anne rated it liked it Mar 06, Tori rated it it was amazing Jun 24, Bingo Gunter rated it liked it Jan 24, Pamela Estep rated it it was ok Sep 13, Erin Gray rated it really liked it Apr 25, Teesa marked it as to-read Sep 16, Caitlin marked it as to-read Nov 07, Leah marked it as to-read Nov 12, James marked it as to-read Jan 09, Occlib added it Feb 11, Niko05 marked it as to-read Mar 16, Rebecca marked it as to-read Mar 17, Maya marked it as to-read Aug 01, Cdubbzzz marked it as to-read Aug 02, Ladda ned.
Spara som favorit.
The 1798 Irish Rebellion
Skickas inom vardagar. Rape law reform has long been hailed as one of the most successful projects of second-wave feminism. Yet forty years after the anti-rape movement emerged, legal and medical institutions continue to resist implementing reforms intended to provide more just and compassionate legal and medical responses to victims of sexual violence.
- States where rape is most common.
- Album for the Young. No. 17. The Little Morning Wanderer.
- The Outer Limits of Reason: What Science, Mathematics, and Logic Cannot Tell Us (MIT Press).
- Article Metrics.
- Up Against a Wall eBook by Rose Corrigan - | Rakuten Kobo?
- South Korea- A Brief History.
- Aristotele nel regno di Alessandro (Aristotele detective) (Italian Edition)?